Chicken and potatoes are two amazing ingredients for casserole.
This easy chicken casserole with potato bake is a smash hit because it’s so creamy, cheesy and delicious.
Casserole is easy to make. The leftover is perfect as lunch box the next day and it’s great for meal plan.
Try the recipe and I am sure they will be begging you for more!
This is one of the best chicken casserole recipes ever and you have to add it to your dinner rotation!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Recipe for Chicken Casserole
This recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Ranch dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
There is nothing not to love about this delicious comfort food recipe. The casserole is topped with a ton of cheddar cheese, bacon, with creamy potatoes and chicken with Ranch dressing!
How to Make Casserole?
Making casserole is very easy as the method is very straight forward.
Once you understand the cooking process, you can mix and match different ingredients.
Here are the cooking tips, method and basic steps:
- Add all the ingredients, for examples: chicken and potatoes into an oven-safe casserole pan.
- Add the ranch dressing, heavy cream, cheese, bacon, stir and mix well.
- You don’t need a whole lot of seasonings but salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar.
- Bake in the oven until all the ingredients are cooked through and the cheesy top turns to golden perfection.
- The top of the casserole is slightly crusty with the cheese but the chicken and potatoes are moist, juicy and creamy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Casserole Healthy?
This chicken and potato casserole recipe is healthy and delicious, with only 583 calories per serving.
The chicken meat is juicy and the potatoes are soft and tender.
The recipe is from Delicious As It Looks.
Can I Use Sour Cream?
Yes, you can use sour cream in this recipe. Just replace Ranch Dressing with sour cream.
The heavy whipping cream has to stay for creamy casseroles.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 681 calories per serving.
What Side Dish to Serve with Potato Casserole?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Cheesy chicken casserole with potato bake is one of the best casserole recipes ever! Ingredients are chicken, potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and cream.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 slices Canadian bacon or bacon strips cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk scallion green part only, cut into small rounds
Heat oven to 350 °F (176 °C). Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some oil or butter.
2Add the salt, sugar, pepper and Ranch dressing to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
3Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer.
4Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions.
5Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
6Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty.
7Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Hi any substitute of aluminium foil in this recipe? Thanks;)
You can bake in a glass baking pan.
Thanks for this chicken Casserole recipe. I use a lot of chicken meals and always am open to different ingredients used in them. Please post any other ways using rice, noodles etc. You’re the best”
Hi. If I double the recipe would the baking time be different? Thanks!
Should be the same.
Love this recipe, great job! I have made it several times and always delish! I have even switched it up and added mushrooms or green beans and always a hit! Thank you~
Can you put this together and bake a couple hours later?
Can this be altered to use hot sauce or another zesty flavor?
I made this tonight almost exactly as the new directions say. I had baked chicken left over from Sunday dinner so I used cooked chicken instead of raw. I just added the chicken and the rice a little later. It was not too thick at all. In fact just perfect. I love soup. Will be a family favorite.
Thanks for your support!